Wednesday, January 13, 2010


This is a photograph of a sculpture called "The Dinner Party". It was done in 1974 by several different artists who took turns making a "table setting" for a woman who has done something significant in history. When I first saw this in my Art Appreciation class I was completely inspired that all these different artists would come together and celebrate women in history. It got me thinking that I may not change the world, but I know I have affected at least one person's life. And mothers, whether they realize it or not, are always shaping their children's lives. I know my mother is constantly shaping my life. And I don't think we celebrate our mothers enough for all the love, support, guidance, and protection they have given us through the years.

So to all the mothers out there I would like to say thank you and I celebrate what you have done for all of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment